Applying for sponsorship takes time, energy, and dedication. Show us you’re willing to do the work, and we’ll do everything we can to support you on your path to a rewarding career. >>
On average, our application process takes one full semester to complete. Are you up for the challenge? Below is just an overview of what to expect. Successful applicants will BE ON TIME!
- Information Session (1.5 hours) The first step for everyone is to attend an Information Session.
- Eligibility & Application Review (30 minutes) At your Eligibility Review you will submit your Application for Sponsorship and all supporting documents.
- Testing (3.5 hours) Testing takes place at HCC. At this step we assess reading, writing and math levels, as well as other skills. The results of this test help us determine if you will start in College Prep or in college level courses.
- Individual Strategy Session (2.5 hours)You will meet with a Career Guidance Specialist to discuss your test results, career goals, priorities, budget, and potential challenges.
- Commitment interview (45 minutes) You will meet with the Director of Programs and Operations, who will make the final decision on your acceptance.
- Enrollment VIP (Day-Long Event) At Enrollment VIP you will spend the day with all new Capital IDEA participants; we have have fun, learn the Capital IDEA culture and spend the day preparing for your educational journey ahead.