Capital IDEA Houston is the Opportunity of a Lifetime. We are an academic sponsorship program for low income adults wanting to get into a great career but unable to pay for the necessary training. >>
What Do We Mean By Sponsorship?
For participants accepted by Capital IDEA Houston, Sponsorship includes all of the following.
- College PreparationWe identify the training steps needed for each individual to get into his or her specific career; this includes enrollment in our College Prep Academy, if needed, and prerequisite courses.
- TuitionWe cover full tuition at Lone Star or Houston Community College for up to an associate’s degree in select career fields: Careers. This includes the cost for tuition, testing and academic fees.
- GuidanceWe assign a Career Counselor to meet with participants regularly and help them navigate their academic programs.
- BooksWe provide book vouchers to cover textbook costs.
- ChildcareFor participants with children, we provide assistance to help reduce the cost of childcare.
- PlacementUpon graduation, we offer placement assistance to help graduates find employment with a good salary, benefits, and opportunity for career growth.